Tips for Moms
One of the most important things we all need to do is take care of ourselves. Self-care is very significant. If you want to help others, you must first take care of yourself.
I will list 5 tips that have been very beneficial for me as a working mom of three children. These tips are also great for dads.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep. I must admit when my children were babies this was difficult but with help from my husband and family it was doable. Rest is very important for the mind and body.
- Exercise. Working out is a great way to relieve stress and stay fit.
- Eating healthy. I love eating salads and fruits. Eating healthy has been proven to reduce the risk of developing high blood pressure and lowering elevated blood pressure.
- Drinking enough water. Drinking water helps you maintain your energy levels.
- Take an hour or two for yourself a day. You could take an hour for yourself to read a book or take a nice walk.
By taking care of yourself- your family will be pleased with a refreshed and energetic mom or dad. If we do not pay attention to our own needs, we cannot meet the needs of others.
What are your self-care tips?