Affordable and Easy Chicken Meals
I love cooking with chicken. It is just so easy to grab a couple of chicken breasts and make a meal. Plus, chicken is affordable and healthy, so I feel like I am making something great for my family while stretching the budget. With that in mind, here are a few chicken meals that are super easy to make and use affordable ingredients, like chicken!
- Cheesy Chicken Lasagna – This recipe has a great flavor of ranch along with the ease of a casserole. If you do not want to deal with lasagna noodles, then you can substitute rotini pasta and just mix it up. Easy, fast, and tasty!
- Chicken and Biscuit Casserole–If you love the flavor of chicken pot pies but hate how hard they are to make then try this easy recipe. With canned biscuit crust and easy filling, you will have a hot homemade meal in just a few minutes. I added a variety of veggies and you could even add potato if you like to further give it that pot pie feel.
- Poppy Seed Chicken – Topped with Ritz crackers, this easy to make meal can be personalized in a plethora of ways. You can keep it simple and kid-friendly, or spice it up for fancy meals. Whatever your choice is, this recipe is bound to be a hit.
- The Best Parmesan Chicken Bake–While I leave out the red pepper flakes, the rest of this recipe is super yummy. With plenty of cheese and simple ingredients, it is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Mexican Chicken–Who doesn’t love Mexican food? This simple recipe can be spiced up with the addition of picante sauce or Rotel tomatoes, or left as is for a good old-fashioned flavor. Tortillas give this casserole its Mexican flair, and the easy preparation means that you have dinner on the table in just a few minutes.
Hopefully these recipes have given you some great new dinner ideas. Never mind the old, dry chicken, spice it up and make it simple with these casseroles that are a snap to make and fun.
Jack Meyer is a regular contributor for nannybackgroundcheck.com. As a detective he wants to spread the knowledge of terrible things that can happen when people don’t fully verify the credentials of a caregiver or any employee. He also writes for various law enforcement blogs and sites.
Image source: mommypoppins.com