7 Tips for Organizing Your Taxes
As the tax deadline quickly approaches- completing your taxes will become a top priority. Being prepared ahead of time makes tax season less stressful and easier.
Below are helpful tips to lower the stress of tax time, perfect for busy moms.
- Prepare an expense folder to place all your receipts and information about the expenses you have incurred.
- Keep a folder for your tax documents, W-2’s and 1099′s. Any tax forms that you receive by mail- keep in this folder.
- Create a folder for all medical receipts. Keep the total amount of all receipts on the front of the folder.
- If you own a business- keep a folder for all personal/business related tax documents.
- Create a folder for charitable receipts- any contribution/statement receipts.
- Label a box by using labelers, such as Dymo labelers to help organize your folders. Be sure to label all folders Taxes 2011 (or the year your tax documents are for).
- Schedule an appointment with your tax preparer before the end of January- so you will not feel rushed during tax time.
In the future, start your tax planning early so you can be prepared once tax season arrives.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dymo. However, all opinions expressed are purely my own and the content of this post was not influenced in any way. View my official Disclosure Policy.
Image source: stacksmag.net