5 Active Games for Kids
When it comes to getting kids moving nothing works like a fun game. From two kids to ten, these games will get your children moving and playing and having fun all while staying active:
- Jump Rope – Alone or in a group jumping rope can be a fun activity. Have your kids sing jump rope songs and count how many jumps they can make without messing up. Add a second rope for Double Dutch or jump along to music for a fun activity kids will enjoy.
- Dodge Ball – All it takes is a few soft balls and this game is a lot of fun for everyone. Form teams and compete to see who is the last one standing or just have a designated pitcher and see who can outlast them all!
- Square Dance – Dancing of any kind is fun for kids, but square dancing is a great activity because the directions are in the songs. “Swing your partner and do-si-do” gets kids moving in time to the music and following the steps without a problem.
- Hopscotch – This traditional children’s game is simple and easy to play indoors or out. Outside a chalk outline can line up the squares and children can throw a small rock and then hop to retrieve it. Inside you can make the same squares with masking table and kids can throw a bean bag. The game is fun and promotes coordination.
- Simon Says – Last but not least is a fun game that can be as active as you want it to be. If the parent is Simon then you can call out things like do jumping jacks or touch your toes. Even kids who hate to exercise will follow along so that they stay in the game.
These are just a few simple activities that children can do to stay active and have fun. I am sure there are many more that you can remember or discover that will get your kids moving.
Jason Miner plays a vital role for www.blogcarnival.com. He is an expert in writing topics of different categories. He is helping the carnival team to grow & working on making this an even better place for bloggers.
Photo credit: freedigitalphotos.net